Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bright Cone of Light over Acadia National Park, Maine



9/19/09: I was participating with friends in a Nightsky Photography workshop at Acadia National Park. There were 15 adults: 12 participants, 2 park service employees to drive van and assist, plus Tyler Nordgren, PhD astronomer and artist, teaching the workshop. After an introduction and instructions, we all set up our cameras on the edge of Eagle Lake, most of us aiming southwest hoping to capture the Milky Way as the evening progressed. (The workshop was scheduled from 6:30-9:00pm ET.)At approximately 7:50pm ET, we all observed a bright object that appeared suddenly directly in front of us. It seemed to come down in the sky, burn brightly creating a cone of light shining towards the ground much like a streetlight and fog-like light around it. the "streetlight" did not make it the ground. After a few seconds, the object disappeared. The fog and "streetlight" slowly disappeared after about 45 seconds. It just seemed to fade from the cone shape to a smudge in the sky.At least 3 participants' cameras captured the event. Not knowing where else to share such an event, we are posting it here.


3 comments:

  1. The 'cone of light' was also sighted by my paranormal team investigating a cemetery in south-central Vermont. It was determined to be the trail from a missile launch at a NASA test facility in VA. See the details, including audio from the sighting and links to the CNN report here:

    http://www.nhghosts.com/Graveyards.html

    Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the thing is that there were no sounds and it didn't move anything ... could it be a trail of missile ?

      Delete
  2. Hey guys ! I remember seeing this light cone when I was 18. I was in Sangerville, Maine in a host family. I had a host brother from South Korea and we were cycling to a store to buy some cigarettes. I was an exchange student back then and a few days later my uncle who's a UFO's enthusiast sent me and article about this observation (maybe it was this blog, can't remember). I was so happy to have witnessed such a bizarre thing. Now I'm back in Belgium and I was looking at the summer sky an hour ago and I told a friend my story :) Do we eventually have any clue of what this could be now or does this remain a mystery ? Cheers ! Alex from Belgium

    ReplyDelete